Forms of doing business in Switzerland
Let's consider the most common types of companies:
Requirements for registering a limited company:
- GMBH - Limited Liability Company;
- AG - Shareholders' Society;
- A branch of a foreign firm.
1. Minimum share capital of 20,000 francs;
2. The Board of Directors may consist of several people (must one of them be a resident of Switzerland);
3. Suitable for small and medium-sized businesses;
4. There are no residency requirements for shareholders;
5. Administrative costs are relatively low;
6. The company's annual financial statements are required. Requirements for registration of the stock company:
1. Minimum share capital is from 100,000 francs;
2. The founder appoints directors, shareholders and members of the company's management;
3. One of the directors must be a resident of Switzerland;
4. Suitable for large and medium-sized businesses;
5. The right to issue name shares;
6. The company's annual financial statements are required;
7. Annual audit of the company (depending on the turnover of the company and the number of employees).
Opening a branch of a foreign company takes less time, as the package of necessary documents is much smaller than for GMBH and AG companies. There are no capital requirements. One of the management participants must be a resident of Switzerland.
If you do not want to spend your time on registering a company, we offer to buy a ready-made company in Switzerland. You can leave a request on our website and we will call you back to answer all your questions about buying a ready-made company in Switzerland.